How can you beat Ransomware?
1. Ultimate SENTRY includes business-grade anti-virus, system patching & updates management, and advanced third-party application patch management.
2. Ultimate SmartMAIL includes business-grade SPAM protection AND the latest SANDBOX technology.
3. Ultimate BACKUP offers customized backup strategies which includes data integrity and system restoration testing.
In a digital world, protecting company information is widely recognised as one of the most important challenges facing every business. Losing vital information can lead to:
- System downtime
- Reduced productivity
- Reduced client confidence
- Loss of sales and valuable clients
- Unexpected costs to retrieve data or regain access
STEP 1: ANTI-VIRUS
Most companies believe their existing “anti-virus” solution will protect their information against ransomware, however, this typically isn’t effective as ransomware variants can change every 5 minutes and normally results in all networked information and EVEN BACKUPS being encrypted and inaccessible.
Information theft, malicious code and ransomware threats such as “Cryptolocker” are on the rise because RANSOMWARE IS NOT A VIRUS. Every business with internet connection is a potential target. Ultimate SENTRY is a necessary first step.
STEP 2: PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
Our Ultimate SmartMAIL service provides business-grade SPAM protection and incorporates the latest SANDBOX technology to safeguard data for $2 per user!
SANDBOX allows for virtual replication of operating environments, executing suspicious code and reporting observed behaviour in a SAFE ENVIRONMENT. Whilst SANDBOX isn’t a silver bullet, it can function as an important tool for Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), enabling security professionals to block or contain malware attacks.
STEP 3: YOU NEED RELIABLE BACKUPS
When all else fails, your only options are to: –
- Spend considerable time (and money) to “break” the code – typically not feasible
- Lose the information and start again or pay ransom (funding criminal activity)
- Restore from a clean backup
When security systems fail, backups are your ONLY safety net. The most efficient and economical solution should always be to restore from backup but: –
- How confident are you in performing a successful COMPLETE or partial system restore from your current backup?
- How long would a restore take (minutes, hours, days)?
- Are your backups safe from ransomware infection?
- Does your company perform regular backup integrity checks and test restorations?
Ultimate BACKUP has you covered ensuring you have reliable backups and can restore data exactly when you need it, minimizing information loss and system downtime.
A recent ACCC report* shows that ransomware:
- Has cost small businesses $1.6M in scam activities in the last 6 months.
- TrendMicro has recently released research showing that Australia was the second country in the world most targeted by ransomware attacks; and
- Kaspersky Lab’s new report on ransomware shows that SMEs are the most targeted organisations.
Don’t risk losing your data, contact ULTIMATE IT today!